Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Knots

OK, I know this is Little Lady's story... but it's being told from MY perspective, so I guess it's my story too.
Anyways, why is it that every time Little Lady has an Orthopedic appt. I get knots in my stomach? I get so nervous and on edge. I wish that I had a Dr for her that was so great, that I felt totally at ease taking her in each time. Maybe soon. HOPEFULLY soon.
Today she goes in to see her lame Ortho (who I have very minimal faith in). Before she see's Dr, she's getting X-ray's. On one hand, I'm relieved about this because I was sure that I was going to have to ask for them myself. Also, I'm curious about what they might see. On the other hand... I'm super nervous that they are going to tell me that Little Lady still has hip dysplasia. Also, I'm still not seeing too much more improvement in her knees (since about 6 weeks old. She's 4 months now) and I'm doubting the Ortho will do casting. AND today I have to tell this Dr that I believe Little Lady has a problem with her arms or shoulders. And of course, I have a feeling this Dr will disregard what I say, or dismiss it as nothing. Because she's the Dr. and I'm not. After all, I didn't go to medical school. (this is the attitude she puts off). However... I do spend 24 hours a day with her, while this Dr see's her once a month for 15 minutes.
*sigh*
We'll see... Hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. So how did it go? Hopefully okay and I hope the doctor LISTENED to you! Fingers crossed for no hip dysplasia! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete